The entity

Author: Tanra

This happened in 2013 or 2014. So I was roughly 13 – 14 years old when the events took place. I’ll never forget what happened. One night a dear friend of mine and I had decided to video chat via Facebook. I’ll just call her J. Anyway, we were talking about multiple topics ranging from school to meeting one another in person one day. We had been talking for hours after I had finished my school work due to it being Friday. Around maybe 8 or 9 PM J’s dog began to whine while sitting by her front door. J told me she was going to let her pet outside to which I simply nodded my head and said okay. Before she got up she said a quick “I’ll be right back.” I watched as she disappeared from view and simply sat in my room waiting for her return. I could hear the front door open then close and J quickly came back. Once she did we started to talk again. That is…until we heard her dog barking rather loudly. I asked J what was wrong and she said she didn’t know. She proceeded to tell me that sometimes when they let the dog out it would just bark a lot. We didn’t think much of it so we shrugged it off. After a couple of minutes the dog’s barking got louder which somewhat annoyed J.

Then J told me she would be right back again because she was going to let the dog inside. Whenever she finished she came back and took a seat. I didn’t say anything, I only sat there listening to whatever she had to say. I would occasionally speak up and then listen to J again. I don’t know how long we had been chatting or the exact time at this point but when J was talking I stared out the kitchen window behind her. I felt a sudden uneasiness and my heartbeat slowed down. I could tell I was about to have an anxiety attack when my face went numb and my ears began to ring. J noticed my discomfort and asked me what was wrong.

I didn’t answer her at first, I kept my gaze on the window. And that’s when it happened. I felt my heart drop and I let out a small gasp of surprise. J definitely noticed this and began to worry. She kept asking me what the matter was. I of course didn’t answer; I was frozen with fear. Then I finally found the courage to speak. I looked at J dead in the eyes and tried to keep my voice as calm as possible.

“Uhhh..J. T-there’s something out your window,” I said.

She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion and asked me “What?”

My heart rate picked up the pace and at this point I was having trouble breathing. I pointed at the window and told her “There’s a red tie coming into view.”

J was about to turn around and I quickly told her not to. I suggested she looked at the computer screen instead. I didn’t want to risk her face being exposed to whatever it was like mine had been. She muttered something under her breath and looked at me scared. The next thing I knew the thing came into full view. My eyes watered and I felt like I was going to scream. But I couldn’t. I was too afraid. I stared at the being for a few seconds. There was no face; at least not one I could make out. And I noticed that it was wearing a top hat.

I told J I would send her a screenshot and call her back later. So I did exactly as I said. At first I was a bit hesitant to call because I was terrified that maybe the thing was still standing there right out her window. However, and thankfully, she had closed the blinds to block the outside view. We tried to figure out what just happened. I asked her if the TV was on, she said no. I asked her if anyone was awake and she said no and that they’re in their room. I asked her if she had seen anybody outside when she let the dog out, she said no and that the road was mostly empty. Especially at night.

Eventually we hung up and decided to call it a night. But I couldn’t sleep, I laid in bed for hours trying to get the image out of my head. A couple of days had passed by and I was in the kitchen helping my mother prepare dinner for the night. I was peeling potatoes while she was chopping some onions. I grabbed a potato and felt rather strange. I turned around for some unknown reason and that being, demon, whatever you want to call it, was standing right in front of the window. I didn’t scream due to being caught off guard. I blinked and shook my head telling myself it was just an illusion. My mother looked at me and asked if I was okay. I told her I was fine and that I just thought I saw something outside. I went back to peeling potatoes and after approximately 5 minutes I felt dizzy. There was this loud ringing in my ears and my face felt a little numb. My stomach suddenly started to hurt and I booked it to the bathroom. I threw up. Now I was really starting to freak out. I told mother I wasn’t feeling good and that I was going to go to bed.

We said our good night’s and I love yous’. Surprisingly I slept early and peacefully. Another few nights passed and I was sitting on the couch in the living room. I peered out the window and noticed someone or something standing in the road. It waved at me and I jumped back startled. I then immediately took another look but they were gone. I started having nightmares and became paranoid. I wasn’t sleeping or eating well. I had black bags under my eyes which concerned my parents. I promised I’d start going to bed early to which I tried. I would get in bed but my mind would turn off. It would always go back to the night I saw whatever it was outside J’s window.

A year passed by and I was starting to forget about the incident. I stopped having nightmares and completely forgot about what happened. We moved to a different town so I of course transfered to a different school. It was now 2015 or 2016 and I was having trouble sleeping one night. I remember I laid in bed tossing and turning trying very hard to get some rest. I eventually fell asleep only to wake up again.

I had this strange dream. There was a park and woods down the street from where I lived. In my dream I was in my bedroom. I heard a creek from the closet door and I turned around. There were two glowing red eyes watching me. And for some reason I cannot explain, I felt rather calm in the dream. I was not frightened nor was I happy, only calm. The two red eyes got closer to me. I couldn’t see the figure or silhouette of whatever was in my room with me. It went to my door and pointed a finger at me then itself. It was telling me to follow it although it did not speak. I got up slowly and walked to the being. We went downstairs and out the front door. Then we walked down the street for a few minutes not having reached the park or woods yet. And then something awful happened.

In my dream I came to and realised my situation. I realised I had been following this entity for God knows what. I then began to panic and it noticed. It noticed I stopped following it and that I was trying to back away. When I did this the being appeared behind me. I didn’t scream, I only ran. I kept running and running until I got to the park. I stopped by a slide and bent forward placing my hands on my knees trying to catch my breath.

That’s when I woke up. I kept thinking about the dream. Thinking about what went on. Thinking about what was chasing me and then…it hit me. I sat up in bed scared, no, horrified. The thing that was chasing me was the faceless man, or what appeared to be, wearing a suit with a red tie and black top hat. I then thought some more. The top hatted being was also what I saw outside my kitchen and living room window back then. I couldn’t fall back asleep so I stayed sitting up in my bed under my blanket. I had left my closet door closed that night and I did not want to take another peep. I did not want to know what it was. I did not want to know if the thing was in my room or closet.

Author: Tanra